Department of Geography
- Master of Science, Urban and Regional Planning (Heriot-Watt University, United Kingdom, 2007).
- Bachelor of Arts, Geography (University of Guyana, 1986)
Area of Specialisation
- Urban and Regional Planning
Research Papers and Presentations
‘A review and analysis of Guyana’s hinterland housing initiative (2009 – 2014): opening spaces for development partnership with remote hinterland communities’ by Edinboro, R; Bess-Bascom, D and Arboleda, G (Prof.), Caribbean Urban Forum, Bridgetown, 2014. ‘Heritage and Local Communities in Guyana: Challenges, Opportunities and New Directions’ by Edinboro, R, Georgetown International Heritage Conference, Georgetown, 2016. ‘Weathering the Storm: Community planning for adaptation to coastal climate change’ by C.M. Clarke; D.E Lane; D.L Forbes; P. Watson and R. Edinboro, 2016 (in The Caribbean in a Changing World: Surveying the Past, Mapping the Future, Volume 2 Cambridge Scholars Publishing, Cambridge UK – pages 239-283).
Membership in Professional Societies
- Licentiate Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Member of the Guyana Planning Association
- Shelter and Settlement issues in developing countries, inclusive of issues of housing policy
- Sustainable planning and development
- Urban policy & planning
- Participatory approaches to community planning